A couple may fall in love with one spark, but it takes a lot of work to keep that spark alive. Open conversation, downtime, holidays and dates help in this immensely. And by dates, we don’t only mean restaurant meals. There are myriad creative ideas out there to treat your partner to a special day. From movie nights to picnics to adventure sports. And then there is the spa date, one where you and your partner can relax together.
Not heard of it before? Well, let us enlighten you here about a spa date and what to do on it.
Why a Spa Date?
- A spa date is romantic as well as relaxing.
- The pampering of massages, facials, saunas and pools help you connect more intimately as a couple.
- You are refreshed personally and also get a boost of energy.
- You both get an entire day off in the lap of luxury, almost like a tiny dream holiday.
- You are away from your phones, laptops and the world, which gives you time to talk and just be.
- It’s a great way to relax your mind too, especially when you have big decisions to make as a couple in the coming months.
- It helps build ease, comfort and intimacy in newly married couples or those who have just started dating.
- A spa date may also help reignite the spark and sensuality in your relationship.
How to Plan a Spa Date?
- Research: The first step is to find out good spas around you. Then find out about their couple massages and spa deals, what offerings they have etc. Nowadays almost everything can be done online, and there are great websites to help you find spas.
- Decide: Do you want to go away for a whole day at the spa or just get a massage or a facial together. There are many other options like body massages, body scrubs, manicures, pedicures, body polishing etc. Full-day spas also offer a retreat for you with activities like yoga, meditation, off-roading, mountain biking, fishing etc. They also have a jacuzzi, detox clubs and other facilities to serve you. So decide on your options and get your plan in stride.
- Conversation with your Partner: Discuss with your partner to zero down on a date. In case you are planning it as a surprise, ensure that your partner is comfortable with a spa day out with you. Some people may not like it, especially if it is early days in your relationship.
- Booking: Make your bookings and get confirmation. Also, check with the spa about food arrangements as some spas may not include food in their package.
What to Do on a Spa Date?
A spa date is usually made up of the following activities:
1. Full Body Massage
This is the core and highlight of a spa date. A couple’s full body massage is planned in a serene, peaceful location (indoors or outdoors). You and your partner can choose from a variety of massage options and the masseuses relax your body with essential oils and gentle motions on your tired muscles. Sometimes music is incorporated, and sometimes nature is given free rein to create its melody. If you are at a retreat, chances are you may enjoy a massage outdoors.
2. Face Masks
This is an optional step, but so worth indulging in. A soothing face mask not only helps detox, soften and nourish your skin, but also helps you close your eyes, sit back and relax with your partner by your side. You may sip on some wine or juice as you let the mask dry.
While you are relaxing with your face mask, you may also indulge in some aromatherapy, where the diffusion of natural essential oils in the air relaxes you — mind, body and spirit. It is a holistic healing approach as well as relaxing therapy so that you and your partner can let go completely. Aromatic natural essences or oils like Chamomile, Lemon, Lavender, Bergamot, Cedarwood etc are commonly used.
4. Jacuzzi/Hot Tub
Once you are done with all of your treatments and therapies, a jacuzzi tub awaits you both. It is a very romantic setting when you are enjoying a bath together, completely relaxed and in each other’s arms. Two types of settings may be present — either a jacuzzi or hot tub outdoors (with privacy), or indoors with scented candles, flowers, wine and bite-sized treats.
5. Couple’s Yoga
To complete your couple’s spa, a yoga or meditation session may also be offered by the centre. Again, this one is optional. It is recommended you take it as you may not only feel a day’s perfect end but also learn a few exercises that may help you destress in your day to day life as well.
Other add-ons may include:
- Body scrubs and polishes
Now’s the time to take a day off, and enjoy the moment with your partner. This is how you celebrate, as well as strengthen your relationship, by planning special somethings, sweet experiences, and relaxing holidays with your beloved.