Eyelash extensions enhance the beauty of your eyes. This fact is now acknowledged far and wide. And yet, women who are crossing ages and getting older often second-guess their decision to get a pair. Why? Why stop yourself from loving yourself and beautifying your eyes with these eyelash extensions? This is just a form of care and self-love, as well as the maintenance that every woman should undertake.
In this blog, we will address how to get eyelash extensions for mature eyes.
What are Eyelash Extensions?
Eyelash extensions are semi-permanent lashes that are applied onto your eyelids with surgical-safe glue. They are usually made of mink, silk, faux mink or synthetic material, and come in different volumes, lengths and shades as per your preference. The beauty of eyelash extensions is that they last for up to 4 weeks, and fall out by themselves as your natural lash hairs fall. That is why they are so coveted in the beauty circles. What’s more, is, you don’t need to tear your own lashes out every time you apply or remove them like your false lashes.
Now is the question of how to get these extensions for mature eyes? What is the difference?
Eyelash Extensions for Mature Eyes
Points to Ponder:
- It is recommended that you choose a subtle look for your first time, and go for a natural set of eyelash extensions.
- Most women in their mature years prefer to look dignified over glamourous. They prefer the calm, quiet type of beauty instead of the one that is larger than life. Hence aestheticians recommend choosing mild volume and length.
- The application of eyelash extensions on mature skin may also be slightly longer than on younger skin. Especially if you have wrinkled, saggy or loose skin. But rest assured, the results are just as satisfying.
- It is best to consult with your aesthetician beforehand about the shape, curl, length and number of eyelash extensions you wish to apply.
- In case you are vying for a certain celebrity’s look or have reference photos, imagine how those pair of lashes will look on your eyes. Many times we like something on someone else, but may not enjoy it on ourselves.
- The first step is your consultation. Once you walk into your appointment, the aesthetician will ideally sit with you and go over your vision for your eyelashes, any reference looks you have, and their ideas after analysis of your eyes and face shape.
- You will then be selecting the exact type of eyelash extensions you want — the material, the length, the curl, the colour, and the volume. The more the volume, the more individual lashes will be applied.
- Once everything is locked and ready, you will be asked to remove all your eye makeup completely so that the aesthetician can work on your bare skin.
- You will be asked to lie down on the work table, and as per your request, the eyelash extensions will be selected and pasted on your eyelids.
- The entire process takes about 60-70 minutes as every single eyelash is glued to your eyelids one by one. It may take longer if you have asked for more eyelashes for a thicker, more voluminous look.
- Many women enjoy a small nap or downtime in this interim as there is nothing else you can do. Some enjoy music, while others may also chat with the aesthetician.
- Once everything is done, you are free to go. But with a leaflet of precautions to take for the next 24-48 hours. Usually, these involve keeping your eyelashes away from water or sweat.
- You can now enjoy your eyelash exertions for about 3-4 weeks, at the end of which you will notice that they begin to fall by themselves.
- At this point, you can either come for a refill session where empty spaces are filled with eyelashes. Or you can let them all fall out completely before coming in for a whole new set of eyelash extensions, maybe these with a different style.
Benefits of Eyelash Extensions on Mature Eyes:
- Mature eyes may have more wrinkles and fine lines, as well as sagging skin around them. They may make your eyes look smaller. An addition of eyelash extensions will make your eyes pop and look bigger.
- You won’t need to apply too much mascara or falsies now, which is difficult in older women as hand-eye coordination is not the best.
- You may also become pretty low-maintenance and will be able to walk out of your house any time looking great.
So indulge in some self-love and get your mature eyes a set of eyelash extensions! Book your appointment now at Savarnas Beauty Spa and get started.