Acne remedies are a dime a dozen out there. The trick though, is in figuring out a perfect combination of remedies. Usually, a consultation with the dermatologist, followed by a good acne spot cream, cleanser, and moisturizer works well. But if you want to help soothe your acne-prone skin with some pampering, then a facial is recommended. Not just any random facial, but one designed and focused specifically on your acne, its issues, and other signs like redness, irritation, and blemish marks.
So here we have curated some of the best facials for acne-prone skin.
How do Facials Work for Acne-Prone Skin?
Acne facials usually work by reducing acne spots and pimples, as well as by soothing the red and irritated skin. Here’s how they do it:
- Cleanse the skin thoroughly and flush out excess oils, impurities, and dirt.
- Reach into deep pores and unclog them by exfoliating the skin.
- Remove dead cells.
- Kill bacteria that may spread acne.
- Reduce irritation, inflammation, and redness.
- Help reduce excess oil production.
- Keep the skin hydrated.
Professional spas or salons offering facials for acne-prone skin may also offer services like microdermabrasion, chemical peels, and light therapy to exfoliate your skin. This helps reduce older acne scars and blemish marks too. Along with the facial, you may also get your blackheads and whiteheads removed.
A Typical Professional Facial
A typical professional facial involves the following steps:
- A consultation on your age, allergies, stage of acne, current treatment, and other medical conditions.
- The aesthetician works with your skin type and plans the use of products accordingly.
- The facial begins with deep skin cleansing using an appropriate acne-defying cleanser.
- This is followed by exposing your face to steam. Some spas may use hot towels instead of steam to open up the pores.
- The next step is exfoliation.
- A clean-up of blackheads and whiteheads and a massage of your face ensure your skin texture clears as much as possible.
- The final stage is a relaxing and soothing face mask.
- The aesthetician may seal the facial’s goodness with an acne-fighting serum and a lightweight, non-comedogenic moisturizer that doesn’t clog your pores.
Alongside these steps, more can be added as per the facial plan. Some steps may also be skipped depending on your acne stage and other factors.
Things to Ponder:
- Inform your aesthetician immediately if any product, treatment, or massage irritates your skin.
- Answer their questions honestly about your health and acne history.
- Make sure to get your facial from a reputed and licensed place.
The internet may recommend at-home facials, and even provide recipes or products to use on your own. But for something as serious as acne, it is better to go for a professional setup, where you not only get the required products, tools, and skilled professionals to perform the treatment, but also get expert advice on the condition of your skin.
The Best Facials for Acne-Prone Skin
At Savarnas Beauty Spa, we have facials for many skin problems. Including acne. If you are troubled with acne or recurring pimples, then book one of the following facial treatments with our skilled and experienced aestheticians:
1. ANTI-OXIDANT FACIAL
Suffering from acne even on mature or aging skin? The anti-oxidant facial not only helps you detoxify and decongest your skin but also reduces any new breakouts and blemishes. This facial consists of green tea and seaweed extracts, both of which helps immensely in fighting the free radical damage. This helps keep your skin looking healthy and young. What’s more is, there is an intense under-eye treatment that comes along with this anti-oxidant facial. The under-eye area is often neglected, but we give it attention in this facial by treating it for hyperpigmentation and inflammation.
Total Time: 55 mins
2. OXYGEN FACIAL
Another facial for mature skin with blemish or acne breakouts. This one delivers fresh pure oxygen to your skin along with strong anti-aging products. If you have been suffering inflammation or irritation, then this facial addresses that too. Add to that the under-eye treatment, and you have yourself a complete package!
Total Time: 60 mins
3. ACNE SKIN FACIAL
This facial is the most special acne facial, made especially to only target acne-prone skin and its issues. The unique treatment designed to address oily and acne-prone skin makes this facial very helpful in dealing with breakouts. The facial includes:
- Deep cleansing
- Hydrating with Pure Steam
- Exfoliation and Extraction
- High-Frequency Current